Religious locations in the Bryan-College Station area

Photo by By Austin Patterson

The All Faiths Chapel is one of many Religious worship areas located on and around campus.

For incoming students, transitioning to a new worship location in a new city can feel like a huge leap. However the many religious locations on campus and around the College Station area can help make the transition as smooth as possible.
On Campus:
All Faiths Chapel
The All Faiths Chapel is staffed by various ministers, rabbis, priests and other religious leaders from 1 to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday. The chapel can be found next to Beutal Health Clinic and is avaliable for all students to use. More information on staff and cahpel hours can be found at studentlife.tamu.edu/sas,campusministry
Prayer and Meditation Room
Located on the fifth floor in Evans Library, the all faiths prayer and meditation room is a place for students to think, meditate and pray on campus. The room houses a variety of religious texts, chairs and prayer rugs for student use.
Breakaway
Held every Tuesday on campus, Breakaway is a non-denominational worship practice that connects students to local churches and other community members. For schedules and more information about Breakaway visit breakawayministries.org.
Off Campus:
Calvary Fellowship and Central Baptist Church
Calvary Fellowship has service Sundays at 10 a.m. and prayer meetings Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. More information on can be found at www.calvarybryan.org.
Central Baptist Church has service Sundays at 9:45 a.m. and a 24-hour prayer line at 776-PRAY. More information can be found at centralbcs.org.
Grace Bible Church
Grace Bible Church has service Sundays at 9:15 a.m. and 11 a.m. More information can be found at grace-bible.org.
St. Mary’s Catholic Church
Boasting the largest Catholic student population in College Station, St. Mary’s Catholic Church has mass Saturday at 5:30 p.m., Sunday at 8 a.m., 10 a.m., 12 p.m., 5:30 p.m. and 7:15 p.m. More information can be found at aggiecatholic.org.
First Christian Church Disciples of Christ and Brazos Valley Church of Christ
First Christian Church Disciples of Christ has service Sundays at 10:45 a.m. More information can be found at firstchristianbcs.org.
Brazos Valley Church of Christ has service Sunday at 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. More information can be found at brazosvalleychurchofchrist.com.
St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church and St. Thomas Episcopal Church
St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church has various service times that can be found at www.standrewsbcs.org.
St. Thomas Episcopal Church also has various service times that can be found at stthomasbcs.org.
Texas A&M Hillel and the Congreation Beth Shalom
Texas A&M A.I. & Manet Schepps Hillel Center offers various services to worshipers. More information can be found at tamuhillel.org.
The Congregation Beth Shalom has Shabbat services twice a month and religious school Sunday from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. More information can be found at cbsbcs.org.
Bethel Lutheran Church and Holy Cross Lutheran
Bethel Lutheran Church has various services
that can be found at blcbcs.org, and Holy Cross Lutheran has various service times that can be found at holycrossbcs.org.
Covenant Presbyterian Church
Covenant Presbyterian Church offers Sunday school at 9:15 a.m. and has service at 10:30 a.m. Sundays. More information can be found at covenantpresbyterian.org.
A&M United Methodist and Aldersgate United Methodist
Service times for A&M United Methodist can be found at am-umc.org and service times for Aldersgate United Methodist Church can be found at aldersgatecs.com.
Islamic Community of Bryan-College Station
The Islamic Community of Bryan-College Station (ICBCS) welcomes the Muslim population living in the B-CS area as well as anyone interested in Islam. The ICBCS hosts events year round but prayer schedules and Weekend Islamic School times can be found on the ICBCS website at icbcs.org. Friday khutbah takes place at 1:35 p.m. and a second khutbah takes place at 12:10 p.m..
This brief list of worship centers does not cover all of the places of worship offered in the Bryan-College Station area.