No one involved with Texas A&M baseball ever believed they were going to lose.  Despite being down 6-1 to Tennessee by the end of the...

Report shows A&M among safest US campuses

Despite fluctuations in sexual assault and vehicle theft, Texas A&M continues to be one of the safest American campuses with no reports of murder or domestic violence in 2013.
Texas A&M University’s 2014 Annual Campus Security Report was released Monday afternoon, reflecting on-campus crime from 2011-2013. The report revealed a slight increase in reported forcible sexual offenses, motor vehicle theft and drug and illegal weapons possession arrests, but burglary and liquor law arrests decreased in this year’s report
Texas A&M had no reports of murder, negligent manslaughter, statutory or incest related sex offenses, arson, hate crimes or domestic violence in 2013.
Lt. Allan Baron, University Police Department public information officer, said the report allows students to know about their community.
“It’s important because it makes everyone aware of what takes place on campus and allows them to see the campus statistics,” Baron said. “It helps make them become more aware of the resources and services available to students to make sure they stay safe.”
Baron said the statistics that increased shouldn’t worry students and could be due to the increase in population or an increase in awareness of reporting procedures.
“More information has become available, and we have been talking to students more,” Baron said. “More awareness could mean more reporting and more reporting could mean the statistics increase.”
The Annual Campus Security Report is a required issuance of crime data all U.S. colleges must report under the Clery Act.
The 2014 report has been made available on the UPD website.