No one involved with Texas A&M baseball ever believed they were going to lose.  Despite being down 6-1 to Tennessee by the end of the...

Rerouting for improper sewer drainage connection to be completed today

Approximately 1.18 million gallons of sanitary sewer effluent flowed into two detention ponds on the Texas A&M University golf course and Wolf Pen Creek, according to Texas A&M University Newswire.
The incident is the result of an improper connection from the sewage drainage line from Whitley Hall dormitory to the storm drain. The sewer effluent was flowing into the previously mentioned areas for eight months before being discovered by the university Tuesday. A&M notified the city of College Station and the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) today.
The connection was improperly installed when the dorm was renovated in August 2017. When the problem was discovered, A&M redirected the effluent to the sanitary sewer and the permanent sanitary sewer line reroute will be completed today.
According to a university wide email released by Texas A&M University Newswire, TCEQ recommends the following:
“Until further notice, persons using water from private wells (not city/local water) located within 1/2 mile of the Wolf Pen Creek should use only water that has been distilled or boiled at a rolling boil for at least one minute for all personal uses including drinking, cooking, and personal hygiene. Those individuals with private water wells within 1/2 mile of the creek should have their well water tested and disinfected, if necessary, prior to discontinuing distillation or boiling.
The public should avoid contact with waste material, soil or water in the area potentially affected. If the public comes into contact with waste material, soil, or water potentially affected by the sewage, they should bathe and wash clothes thoroughly as soon as possible.
Persons who purchase water from a public water supply may contact their water supply distributor to determine if the water is safe for personal use.”