Rev’s campus involvement scaled back

Rev
Photo by File
Rev

Reveille IX is taking a break from high-profile appearances in order to focus on training. 

Reveille IX, who took the reigns after Reveille VIII retired in spring 2015, has been noticeably absent on campus and from recent events. Ian Moss, mascot corporal for Company E-2, said this is because Reveille’s handlers want to ease her into the hefty role of being A&M’s mascot.

“Last semester after football season we wanted to give her a good leg into the break and continue training her for this semester,” Moss said. “She was limited on duties to create good experiences instead of overwhelming her and creating bad ones.”

Moss said the mascot company is working on easing Reveille into her role on campus.

“With it being a new Reveille, we just want to take things slow so she can have a long career here and one that she will enjoy,” Moss said.

As of now, there are no plans for Reveille to attend the upcoming sold-out men’s basketball games, Moss said.

“Right now we are trying to stick to the smaller events and then develop a solid foundation and build up on that,” Moss said.