Texas A&Ms attendance for the Alabama game was at 108,101 fans ranking it at the third largest game in Kyle Field history.(Ishika Samant/The Battalion)
‘The Mexican 12th Man’

Growing up in the hills of Monterrey, Mexico, Pedro and Carlos Luna were surrounded by soccer.  Clad in the gold and blue of Tigres UANL,...

Rowan resigns as MSC president

Josh Rowan resigned as president of the Memorial Student Center (MSC) Thursday.
The MSC Council voted Sept. 3 to remove Rowan, a senior agricultural development major, but Rowan remained in office while Vice President for Student Affairs Dr. J. Malon Southerland considered his appeal.
Rowan said he decided to resign after receiving Southerland’s recommendation Thursday morning. According to Rowan, Southerland returned the matter to the MSC Council after determining the council was unfair in the way it made its decision.
Southerland could not be reached for comment.
The council’s removal followed an investigation by university officials into allegations of misconduct by Rowan while on a University-sponsored trip to Italy during the summer. Rowan has acknowledged drinking too much on two occasions, but denies allegations that he used illegal drugs or made unwanted sexual advances to a female student on the trip. The official findings of the investigation have not been made public.
Rowan said he decided to resign because he felt it was unlikely the council would reverse its decision.
“Part of me wanted to keep fighting, but this ordeal has really taken a toll on me and the people I care about,” Rowan sad.