Saron Alexander Hood

Saron Alexander Hood was only at A&M for a few weeks, but he impacted many lives while he was here.
Karen Hood, Saron’s mother, said he was an inspirational young man who lived admirably.
“Saron was a very caring person who is greatly missed by all,” Karen Hood said. “He was very much family oriented, and he saw the good in everybody. I am very proud.”
Karen Hood said Saron made an impression on everyone he met because of how he carried
himself.
“He was a young person that was wise beyond his years,” Karen Hood said. “He was somebody who made you think differently about your life because of the way he lived his life.”
Saron impacted people, she said, with his spirituality, compassion and perserverance.
“He was a person that had an impact not just on his peers, but also on the parents,” Karen Hood said. “To me that is unusual for a young man, but that is the type of person
that he was.”
Saron completed his undergraduate degree in sociology and early childhood development at the University of Buffalo, where he was a receiver for its football team. He was pursuing an additional degree in chemical engineering when he took a summer internship at A&M.
Karen Hood said his dream was to play college football, but when he was unable to play at Buffalo his senior year due to health reasons, he wanted to become a chemical engineer.
He chose to stay on the team as a signal caller, she said, when most people would have walked away. She said Saron stayed on the football team to help his friends, exemplifying the caring, admirable young man he was.
“He stayed on with the football team to try to encourage, help and motivate others,” Karen Hood said.