Saturday auto crash kills 2, injures 5

A major auto accident Saturday killed Nathan Hardcastle, sophomore ecological restoration major, and Taylor Leonard, 19, who was visiting from Houston.
According to the College Station Police Department, Hardcastle, Leonard and five others were exiting a private drive on Harvey Mitchell Parkway north of Holleman around 9:50 p.m. Saturday in a 2008 Dodge truck when they were hit on the driver side by a 2006 Dodge, which had a sole occupant.
All seven occupants were rushed to the hospital. Hardcastle was pronounced dead 45 minutes after the accident while several others were said to be in critical condition. Leonard, the driver of the 2008 Dodge, was pronounced dead Sunday at 7:24 p.m., authorities said.
Tucker Shroyer, junior agricultural economics major, said he has been friends with Hardcastle since the third grade and is his fraternity brother in Alpha Gamma Rho, the national agriculture fraternity at Texas A&M.
I can honestly say that I have never once seen Nathan frown, Shroyer said. He was a caring individual who always had a smile on his face. He was an honest guy with a lot of integrity.
Fraternity president Jody Harris said Hardcastle will be missed.
Nathan was one of those real goofy guys who you loved to be around, Harris said. He had a really positive outtake on life.
The College Station Police Department said in a Sunday news release that other occupants of the vehicle driven by Leonard sustained injuries and several remain in critical condition.