Save our wallets? Save our sanity!

I’m writing in to completely agree with the article, “Saving Our Wallets.” How dare our president try to make himself more more relatable by filling out a March Madness bracket and appearing on Leno? He may as well appear on TV with a monkey named Bonzo. The American people do not need another Franklin D. Roosevelt with his homey, likable fireside chats; we need another awkward, sweating Nixon.
Additionally, I’m glad someone has finally realized that it is the president’s responsibility to take his hands off the keyboard, get some money and put those hands back in our pockets. It is not the responsibility of the American citizen to work and get money; no, we leave that to our president. He probably could have solved this recession single-handedly if only he hadn’t taken twelve hours to fill out his bracket (just couldn’t narrow down that Final Four!) Most recessions take only hours to solve, not months or years like history shows, so stop wasting America’s money, Barack! There is a time and place for filling out the March Madness brackets, and March just is not that time.
I am glad you brought Monica Lewinsky into this because Bill Clinton’s economic policies are not to be followed either; America doesn’t need a surplus Bill. Comedians like Jon Stewart should be ashamed of themselves for badmouthing Obama. The media should be one-sided and show discrimination, like a network named after a certain witty animal. So, thank you Battalion for running that article about our superhero president. George W. Bush, or Dr. Bruce Banner’s alter ego as I like to think of him, is the only superhero president we need.