Sbisa food fight not an important issue

In response to Nicholas Neumann’s March 17 column:
I found Nicholas Neumann’s article on the Sbisa napkin incident (or the lack thereof) to be completely absurd. He claims that Food Services employees were out of line in taking precaution to prevent an utterly irresponsible and juvenile act.
One of the organizers of the napkin extravaganza was quoted as saying “the fight was meant to bring tradition and fun to the Sbisa dining experience.” I doubt that the Food Services employees who would have been responsible for picking up more than 800 “Sbisa balls” would have found the fight to be very much “fun.”
Students need to have a greater appreciation for the workers who put food on their plates and wipe up the messes they leave behind. So how about establishing respect and compassion for fellow human beings as an Aggie tradition instead? I am sure it will have a much more positive effect than a balled up napkin upside the head. No dining establishment that I know of would accommodate napkin fights, so why should Sbisa? If you want to be treated as a mature adult, then step up and act like one.
Jocelyn Baron
Class of 2003