The No. 3 Texas A&M baseball team took on No. 1 Tennessee Thursday at 1 p.m. at Hoover Metropolitan Stadium in Hoover, Alabama. Despite its...

Senate seeks student input for CHL bill

The Texas A&M Student Senate said the student body should give their opinion regarding the Concealed Hand Gun License before the Texas State Legislature.
Students can show support or disapproval of the bill by casting a vote through a student referendum Wednesday and Thursday.
The Student Senate has passed bills throughout the semester in regard to legislature before the Texas House and Senate. Although the Senate continually votes to represent general student opinion, senators said this political issue needed to be taken directly to a student vote in order to best portray the general student body consensus.
The results of the referendum will be the official opinion of Student Government Association and will be communicated to the Texas Legislature. Forty universities and colleges in the state have already taken a stance on the issue.
VoteThe referendum can be accessed through vote.tamu.edu from 9 a.m. Wednesday until 5 p.m. Thursday.