A&M welcomes new journalism professors from CNN, Dallas Morning News
Ana Renfroe and Stacy Cox April 19, 2024

At a ceremony honoring Aggie journalists, Texas A&M announced it will welcome three new journalism professors in the fall. New hires will...

Texas A&M outfielder Jace Laviolette (17) hits a home run during Texas A&M’s game against The United States Air Force Academy on Tuesday, April 16, 2024 at Olsen Field. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
No. 1 Aggies combine for 28 runs in doubleheader sweep of Crimson Tide
Luke White and Justin ChenApril 19, 2024

Game 1 If the Texas A&M baseball team can treat each inning like it’s been playing in the fifth frame during the past week, it shouldn’t...

Members of the 2023-2024 Aggie Muster Committee pose outside the Jack K. Williams Administration Building. (Photo courtesy of Aggie Muster Committee)
Orchestrating a century-old tradition
Sydnei Miles, Head Life & Arts Editor • April 18, 2024

As Muster approaches, the Aggie Muster Committee works to organize a now century-old tradition. These students “coordinate every facet” of...

(Graphic by Ethan Mattson/The Battalion)
Opinion: ‘Fake Money,’ real change
Eddie Phillips, Opinion Writer • April 19, 2024

Us Aggies live privileged existences: companies beg us to take on tens of thousands in loans.  I know this may sound contradictory, but the...

Senate Student Services Chair Blackburn comments on Title IX

Photo by Kyle Heise

The Student Senate meets on Wednesday, Sept. 13, 2023. (Kyle Heise/The Battalion)

The senate Student Services Chair Ava Blackburn made a statement on the investigation into Title IX released on Oct. 19. 

“I am devastated to read The Battalion[’]s article released this morning detailing how the Title IX office has not met the needs of the students,” Blackburn said in the statement. “I admire the courage of these young women to come forward with their stories and shed light on the issues within our campus.” 

Blackburn said there is more work to be done, and she is working on collecting more information on the situation. 

“Myself, and the student services committee will continue to work with administration to address the issues, and will share findings and proposed solutions with the Senate and Student Body as they become available,” Blackburn said. 

The statement ended with further resources for students:

• Suicide and crisis lifeline: 988

• University Police Department: (979) 845-2345

• Student Health Services: (979) 458-8250

• Student Counseling Helpline: (979) 845-2700

• Corps Escort: (979) 845-6789

Speaker of the Senate Marcus Glass and Rules and Regulations Chair Jade Williams said they had no comment at the time. 

“I have full trust in the student services chair to deal with this issue appropriately,” Glass said.