Texas A&M infielder Ali Camarillo (2) thros to first during Texas A&M’s game against Louisiana at the NCAA Bryan-College Station Regional Final at Olsen Field on Sunday, June 2, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
Camarillo, Aschenbeck selected by Athletics, Cubs to round out 2024 MLB Draft

Junior SS Ali Camarillo and senior LHP Evan Aschenbeck rounded out the 2024 MLB Draft for Texas A&M baseball on Monday as they were selected...

Senate Student Services Chair Blackburn comments on Title IX

Photo by Kyle Heise

The Student Senate meets on Wednesday, Sept. 13, 2023. (Kyle Heise/The Battalion)

The senate Student Services Chair Ava Blackburn made a statement on the investigation into Title IX released on Oct. 19.

“I am devastated to read The Battalion[’]s article released this morning detailing how the Title IX office has not met the needs of the students,” Blackburn said in the statement. “I admire the courage of these young women to come forward with their stories and shed light on the issues within our campus.”

Blackburn said there is more work to be done, and she is working on collecting more information on the situation.

“Myself, and the student services committee will continue to work with administration to address the issues, and will share findings and proposed solutions with the Senate and Student Body as they become available,” Blackburn said.

The statement ended with further resources for students:

• Suicide and crisis lifeline: 988

• University Police Department: (979) 845-2345

• Student Health Services: (979) 458-8250

• Student Counseling Helpline: (979) 845-2700

• Corps Escort: (979) 845-6789

Speaker of the Senate Marcus Glass and Rules and Regulations Chair Jade Williams said they had no comment at the time.

“I have full trust in the student services chair to deal with this issue appropriately,” Glass said.