Severe thunderstorm, flash flood warnings in effect for Brazos County

A Code Maroon alert warned subscribers of a tornado warning issued for south College Station Monday around 6:35 p.m. The alert advised area residents to seek shelter immediately and to check local media forecasts.

KAGS TV Chief Meteorologist Bob French said the warning has since expired, as the original storm has moved east.

“I don’t think anything large has touched down but there was some air rotation spotted,” French said. “The warning was issued mainly for southern Brazos County and Grimes County but included southern College Station area as well.”

Although residents are no longer being urged to seek shelter, French said travel is discouraged.

“It’s a good idea not to travel now; we have flooding all over town,” French said. “I think by nine this evening the weather will start improving here, but the storm is now moving east towards the Houston and Beaumont area.”

Severe thunderstorm and flash flood warnings remain in effect for Brazos County.