SGA hosts four City Council members at meeting

Ally Bradshaw— THE BATTALION
Four candidates running for College Station City Council, Blanche Brick, Julie Schultz, Linda Harvell and Gabe Pereira, spoke at Wednesday’s Student Senate meeting.
Ally Bradshaw— THE BATTALION Four candidates running for College Station City Council, Blanche Brick, Julie Schultz, Linda Harvell and Gabe Pereira, spoke at Wednesday’s Student Senate meeting.

In hopes of appealing to college voters, candidates for College Station City Council made a campaign stop at the Student Senate meeting Wednesday.
Candidates drew on a number of topics related to A&M, including the relationship between student and permanent residents and the neighborhood environment for students.
Incumbent candidate Julie Schultz said she wants to help the community come together.
“It’s something that we need to educate our community to the fact that students aren’t bad people,” Schultz said.
Candidate Linda Harvell said she wants to address the 25 by 25 initiative and how it will be a strain on the infrastructure at both A&M and the Texas Department of Public Transportation.
“The city of College Station has to be smart in how they handle it,” Harvell said.
Incumbent candidate Blanche Brick said the student vote is imperative.
“Cast a vote for civility and common sense,” Brick said.
Candidate Gabe Pereira, a political science junior, said he does not only represent students, he represents “all taxpayers ages 15 to 24.”
“I’m going to represent your interests as members of the student body, but also members of the community,” Pereira said.