Shuttle service available for Bonfire Memorial

Local residents and other off-campus visitors planning to attend the Bonfire Memorial Dedication on Nov. 18 are invited to park at Post Oak Mall (near Penney’s) or Reed Arena, where they can board free shuttle buses to the site, said Texas A&M University Transportation Services representatives.
No public parking will be available on site the day of the ceremony because of a lack of space in the area, a Transportation Services spokesperson said.
Buses will begin running at 12:30 p.m. from Post Oak Mall and Reed Arena and, after the ceremony, shuttles will return passengers, beginning at 3:45 p.m. with the last bus leaving New Main Drive at 6 p.m.
From noon to 4 p.m. on that day, Bizzell Street will be closed to through traffic at University Drive, and New Main Drive will be closed at Texas Avenue. Entrance to the area during this time will be available via George Bush Drive to Bizzell.
For information on road closures and maps of the area, go to: http://transport.tamu.edu/specialevents/announce/bonfire.aspx.