The No. 3 Texas A&M baseball team took on No. 1 Tennessee Thursday at 1 p.m. at Hoover Metropolitan Stadium in Hoover, Alabama. Despite its...

Silver Taps honors students | Lauren Lewis

“It is an absolute honor to be her parent. She was such a delight. She went to Africa when she was in high school and came back and said that she wanted to make a difference,” said her father Michael Lewis.
Lewis was involved with the Women’s Leadership organization, Maggies, at A&M.
“She went and made a difference with Maggies, and wanted to stay involved after she graduated from A&M. She adored the traditions at A&M, she loved everything about the campus,” he said.
Lewis was just an amazing person, said her friend Megan Higginbotham. She was a leader, a friend and a sister all-in-one.
Higginbotham laughed as she recounted how Lauren loved Taco Bell and her daily coffee, which she couldn’t live without. Lewis was an Aggie, Higginbotham said, and she loved service.
Lewis’ favorite tradition at A&M was Silver Taps.
“She told us from day one, how this is such a big university and how she loved how every single person was honored,” said Robin Lewis, Lauren’s mother.
“We had an unusual conversation about a month ago. She was an organ donor. We had not known about this but we heard from some people, and gradually filled in all the gaps. It is such a blessing for us,” her mother said.
She loved singing, her mother said “We always used to listen to her ipod. She had such a variety of music on it and we saw her different interest through her taste in music.”
Lewis was an a volunteer for New Horizons and Habitat for Humanity. Her mother said that she knows that she will see her again. “We are Christians and we believe that we will see her again.”
Lewis died in car accident on March 3.