Texas A&Ms attendance for the Alabama game was at 108,101 fans ranking it at the third largest game in Kyle Field history.(Ishika Samant/The Battalion)
‘The Mexican 12th Man’

Growing up in the hills of Monterrey, Mexico, Pedro and Carlos Luna were surrounded by soccer.  Clad in the gold and blue of Tigres UANL,...

Snoop Dogg’s lawsuit dimissed by Los Angeles judge

LOS ANGELES (AP) – A judge has dismissed a lawsuit accusing rap star Snoop Dogg of including a message left on his answering machine in a song without permission.
The lawsuit was filed last March in Los Angeles Superior Court on behalf of a man who kept his name secret because of safety concerns.
The man claimed his one-minute message appeared in a song released as part of the 2002 album ”Paid the Cost to be Tha Boss.”
The message, left under the name Jim Bob, expressed the caller’s support for Snoop Dogg in his rivalry with rap music producer Marion ”Suge” Knight, the lawsuit said.
The plaintiff sought a monetary award from Snoop Dogg, whose real name is Calvin Broadus, and other defendants, including Capitol Records.
Superior Court Judge Lawrence W. Crispo, however, first ruled in November that the plaintiff had no expectation to privacy when he left the message. Crispo upheld the ruling Jan. 8 after the man didn’t file a motion for the judge to reconsider.