Soccer team: ‘We need the 12th Man’

From senior Meghan Streight of the top-seeded A&M soccer team, which takes on Penn State for a spot in the Final Four at 7 p.m. Saturday at Ellis Field:
“From the very beginning, the Texas A&M women’s soccer team has set out to make this year different. We challenged ourselves to do what no Texas A&M team has ever done before: win a national championship. This group of girls has done everything possible to make that dream a reality. The road to the Final Four has been nothing short of remarkable. Along the way, a few trophies were won, and history was made on multiple occasions. Your back-to-back SEC conference champions and SEC tournament champions earned a one seed in the NCAA tournament for the first time in school history, allowing us to host the first four rounds of the tournament. With our win over Notre Dame this past Sunday, we earned our 21st victory of the season setting a new school record for most wins garnered in one season. We also advanced to the Elite Eight for only the fifth time in school history. Your Texas A&M aggies face off against Penn State this Saturday at 7p.m. on Ellis Field here in College Station. No Texas A&M team has ever advanced to the Final Four. The 12th Man can be that final push for us to go all the way. We are so successful at home because of the energy and support the crowd provides. We need the power of the 12th Man to stand behind us as we BTHO Penn State on Saturday. All Texas A&M students get in for free and have the opportunity to be a part of a record setting historic season made by the Fightin’ Texas Aggie women’s soccer team. Come help us fight to earn a spot in the Final Four in hopes of bringing back a national championship soccer trophy to the greatest university in the world.”