Sophomores to ‘pull out’ Thursday

Pullout Day, hosted by Class Councils, will occur during the Texas A&M baseball game Thursday evening, during which the class of 2015 will have the privilege to officially pull out and do the junior wild cat.
All sophomores are invited to attend a pre-game event at the Rec Backyard, beginning at 5:15, where they will partake in their first official whoop followed by a yell practice. Students will also have one last chance to purchase a Pullout Day T-shirt at the event, which will provide them free admission into the baseball game as well as a free popcorn and drink.
Sophomore Blake Martinez, director of Pullout Day, urges all sophomores to attend the event to avoid missing out on a great tradition.
It is important that we have all sophomores participate in Pullout Day, Martinez said. Its a pretty big deal around Aggieland and an important memory meant to represent your growing through the university.
Martinez said Pullout Day was made possible through local donations from around the Bryan-College Station community as well as from family members of Class Councils.
Before the game, Martinez will throw the ceremonial first pitch, representing the entire sophomore class. All students will have their chance to officially whoop, as they watch Texas A&M take on Sam Houston State.
Class Councils is responsible for coordinating all other official class events including Elephant Walk, Junior E-Walk and Fish Fest.