Neil Jhurani, Sports Writer • May 23, 2024

A warm, summer evening bestowed Hoover, Alabama on Wednesday night when the No. 4 Texas A&M Aggies faced the No. 15 Mississippi State Bulldogs...

Sororities to show spirit through soccer

The Collegiate Panhellenic Council
is exhibiting its Aggie Spirit by
teaming up with the athletic office for a sorority night at the women’s soccer game against Baylor
on Sunday.
All 13 sororities under the Panhellenic Council are invited to wear letters to the game for a free entry.
“We’re partnering with the soccer team and head coach G Guerrieri to increase the excitement about Aggie athletics and show support for our Aggie women’s soccer team,”
Schneider said.
Although this is the first time the CPC has coordinated this event, Schneider said she would like to see it become an
annual tradition.
“It is our hope that this becomes an annual event because it is such a great opportunity to display our Aggie Spirit,” Schneider said. “It allows us to play a prominent role in supporting women’s athletics and generate a sense of community within our
Panhellenic chapters.”
Casey Doyle, the assistant director of marketing for the Athletics Department, said Guerrieri expressed interest in the CPC and its strong voice
on campus.
“When I started a month ago, Coach G believed a partnership with the CPC could be beneficial because of its large presence on and off campus,” Doyle said. “This gives us an opportunity to draw students to the game who would not normally attend.”
“We’re really looking forward to the soccer game and hope all the games have similar attendance,” Schneider said.
Junior Bethany Nolan, a member of the Zeta Tau Alpha chapter, will be attending the game and is excited to see a night dedicated solely to Panhellenic sororities.
“Many athletic events offer a Greek night but this will be the first event dedicated specifically to Panhellenic sororities,” Nolan said. “It’s evident Coach G is seeing the spread [of CPC]. He knows we will go out and tell people about the game.”
The Aggie women’s soccer team will kick off at 7 p.m. Sunday at Ellis Field.