Neil Jhurani, Sports Writer • May 23, 2024

A warm, summer evening bestowed Hoover, Alabama on Wednesday night when the No. 4 Texas A&M Aggies faced the No. 15 Mississippi State Bulldogs...

Starr releases album, enjoys ‘simple things’

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Ringo Starr has just released his latest album, “Ringo Rama,” but the former Beatle says his first love will always be playing for audiences.
“Sometimes it’s the most spiritual plane that you ever get to,” Starr said. “On certain nights there is nothing better. So I’m blessed as long as I can hold the sticks.”
The new album, which includes a tribute to former Beatle bandmate George Harrison, comes after a period of loss for the drummer. His first wife, Maureen, died in 1995. Three years later, longtime friend Linda McCartney died, and close confidant Harrison died in 2001.
But Starr, who battled substance abuse in the 1980s, says he has learned to appreciate the simpler joys in life.
He continues to tour with his All-Starr Band, but he also dedicates time to writing, painting, gardening and shopping for flowers with his wife, actress Barbara Bach.
“I just don’t let things get on top of me as much,” Starr said. “I try not to rule the world. I think just getting up in the morning is a great achievement.”