Texas A&M pitcher Ryan Prager (18) reacts during Texas A&M’s game against Arkansas at Olsen Field on Thursday, May 16, 2024. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
No. 5 Aggies outlast No. 3 Razorbacks in 11-inning pitchers duel

If you’re a fan of high-scoring baseball, Thursday’s matchup between No. 5 Texas A&M and No. 3 Arkansas probably wasn’t for you. But...

Student bonfire will not burn today

Every year Texas A&M students gather before the Texas game to honor the tradition known as student bonfire. This year student bonfire is not allowed to burn because of a burn ban in place in Robertson County. Robertson County has held the student bonfire for the past several years, but this year bonfire will not be allowed to be burned as scheduled.
Although student bonfire is canceled Chip Thiel, Bonfire survivor, will speak and a yell practice will be held. The stack will be burned but only once the county has deemed it safe to burn. “I am not going to say that I am not disappointed, but it is going to burn eventually, and I will be there,” Kailie Bomgardner, a senior agricultural communications major. “I am not going to miss bonfire my senior year.”