Texas A&M pitcher Evan Aschenbeck (53) throws a pitch during Texas A&M’s game against Florida at the NCAA Men’s College World Series semifinal at Charles Schwab Field in Omaha, Nebraska on Sunday, June 19, 2024. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Aggies defeat Gators 6-0 to advance to first College World Series finals
Kolton Becker, Sports Writer • June 20, 2024

There’s always a first for everything.  For the first time in program history, Texas A&M baseball is headed to the Men’s College...

Student-run jewelry business sends help to Haiti

Photo by Courtesy

Freshman agribusiness major Kimberlin Arnold has her own jewelry company that benefits Water to Life, a non-profit organization that focuses on the water crisis in Haiti.

Kimberlin Arnold, an agribusiness freshman at Texas A&M, has received growing attention for her jewelry business, Renmen Nicole Jewelry, which benefits the nonprofit group Water to Life.

The name is a combination of the word “renmen,” which means “love” in Haitian creole, and Arnold’s middle name. Since founding her business in July, Arnold has donated 100 percent of the proceeds to Water to Life, an organization that provides water filters and education programs to communities in Haiti. 

Arnold has been passionate about Haiti and the people who live there since visiting the country when she was 13. Led by the founder of Water to Life, Bob Ford, a team of people from Arnold’s hometown of Lufkin have embarked on many journeys since.

“He is kind of like my godfather now,” Arnold said. “Bob Ford started going to Haiti after the earthquake in 2010. He just wanted to go help out, and he saw how much basic need was there, so he started a team. I started going when I was 13 years old and have gone every year since.”

While going on mission trips to Haiti is something Arnold has done for years, she said she wanted her support to go beyond that. The inspiration for how she could make an impact came to her a few months ago.

“One night I just couldn’t sleep and I saw on Pinterest how to make tassel earrings,” Arnold said. “I texted my friend at 3 a.m. and said, ‘Hey I need you to help me make my website tomorrow.’ It was so spur of the moment and crazy.”

Kinesiology freshman Kyle Wynne said he remembers the beginning stages of Renmen Nicole Jewelry and is excited to see how far it has come.

“[Arnold] texted me that next morning and asked ‘Will you do a photoshoot for us?’” Wynne said. “[For] the next three or two days, we worked on her website with our other friend and put it together. Her business has kicked off really fast.” 

The Renmen Nicole Jewelry instagram account has gained over 2,000 followers in just over a month. From Lufkin to College Station, Renmen Nicole Jewelry is continuing to grow in size.

“It was hard for me to keep up,” Arnold said. “I have raised, from the jewelry business, about $1,000 in just one month. It’s crazy.”

Ford said when he received that first check, it meant more to him than just money. He said it represented a meaningful support system. 

“I cried,” Ford said. “You know, you just have those moments in life that reinforce that what you’re doing matters, and when she handed me that check… I already knew it, but it reinforced that Kimberlin has a great serving heart. Just that I had a small part in giving her that… it’s amazing.”

Ford said he believes Arnold and Renmen Nicole Jewelry will have a ripple effect of inspiration on others and the future of Haiti.

“The future is in her hands, and I am really excited about that,” Ford said.

For more information about Water to Life, or Renmen Nicole jewelry visit watertolife.org or renmennicolejewelry.com.

• Freshman agribusiness major Kimberlin Arnold has her own jewelry company that benefits Water to Life, a non-profit organization that focuses on the water crisis in Haiti.

Photo by Courtesy