Student Senate appoints members to Sexual Assault Subcommittee, pass new legislation at Wednesday meeting

In the second Student Senate meeting of the semester Wednesday, senators passed legislation and appointed 10 members to the Sexual Assault Subcommittee.

Senators also discussed improving transportation the the current Student Services location near the White Creek Apartments. A unanimous vote passed the Student Services Transportation Bill, which advocates for the optimization of transportation services and options for the Student Services location on West Campus, which recently reduced the number of “pay-to-park” spaces from 20 to 10 due to more construction in the area.

“Something needs to be said as soon as possible so that our session can fix this very tangible problem,” said Spencer Krumholz, one of the bill’s authors and economics senior.

The On-Campus Pricing Bill was introduced by Alex Arze, engineering sophomore, to require on-campus food vendors to visibly list prices of all menu items and store inventory in an easy-to-read manner, with the hopes of improving budgeting skills and creating an aptitude to spend money among college students.

“The thing that you often hear most is ‘I’m just a poor college student. If you stop to question why that is…the most common reason in my opinion and vision is that we lack budgetary skills. We lack the ability to manage money,” Arze said.