Students honor Luce at candlelight vigil

Hundreds of candles flickered in front of the J.K. Williams Administration building as the cool night air swept through the crowd gathered to honor the life of Garrett Cole Luce, who was killed in an accident Sunday.
Luce was a member of the Kappa Alpha Order Fraternity and his friends held a candlelight vigil to honor the life of their brother.
If I could say anything about Garrett I would say that I have known him my entire life and that Garrett was a loyal friend who cared for those around him, and loved his parents, his friends and his lord Jesus Christ, said Ben Riggle, freshman engineering technology major. For me Garrett will always be remembered as my oldest friend, and as someone I could ask anything of and entrust with anything.
Garrett attended Second Baptist School in Houston. There he acted in the Fall Dramas, sang in the choir and perfected his baseball skills. He was passionate about baseball and during the summer he coached high school athletes.
Garrett loved and poured into his campers and he bonded and shared life with his coworkers this summer, said David Sargent, sophomore electrical engineering major, who worked with Garrett at Kanakuk Kamps a Christian summer camp where Luce worked. During the short time I knew him I could see the love of God overflow into his love for others. He had a huge heart and was always smiling.
Several of Garretts high school classmates were in attendance Wednesday night.
I will remember his heart, said Brooke Maxcy, sophomore psychology major and one of Luces classmates. He loved everybody. I never heard him say anything bad about anyone.
Another one of his classmates, Kaitlyn Kellam former student and sophomore at Oklahoma State University smiled when talking about Garrett.
He was one of the sweetest guys I have ever met, Kellam said.
Last September, Garrett committed to play Division I baseball at the College of Charleston. He was accepted into the Honors College and awarded the Beatty Business Scholarship. Garrett transferred to Texas A&M in 2012 and was pursuing a major in business administration. Garrett was a member of the Epsilon Delta chapter of Kappa Alpha Order.
At the end of the ceremony, as the wax from the candles began to drip, one of Luces fraternity brothers sang a song he wrote specifically for Luce. In the chorus he sang, Tonight there is one more angel in the sky.