Graduate P Shaylee Ackerman (10) pitches during Texas A&Ms game against Valpo on Feb. 10, 2024 at Davis Diamond.
Holding down the house
Holding down the house

Sumlin suspends Ennis; status of Raven, Everett still in question

Sumlin addressed the status of three Texas A&M players who had run-ins with the law during the offseason. Starting defensive lineman Kirby Ennis will be suspended for the Rice game after being arrested in February by College Station police for disorderly conduct and display of a firearm according to Brazos Valley jail records. The status of juniors Floyd Raven Jr. and Deshazor Everett is still in question according to Sumlin, who said the school is “still gathering information.” The school and team will continue to investigate what happened in Raven’s and Everett’s arrests and determine a decision from there. Everett and Raven turned themselves in to Brazos County authorities on July 2 following an April assault case in which both players were charged with two counts of assault causing bodily injury and criminal mischief.