Texas A&M University News

Recruit for teachers comes to A&M campus

More than 165 school districts will be on campus Monday to recruit Aggie teachers at the Spring Education Career Fair in Reed Arena. Students will be allowed to visit the booths from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Interview rooms will be available for school districts wanting to conduct interviews on site. For more information, contact Cindy Boettcher at 845-8253 or [email protected].

Med students to give free bicycle helmets

Medical students at the Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine will be helping to ensure the safety of local children by giving away free bicycle helmets Saturday. The helmet giveaway will take place from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Wal-Mart in Bryan. Medical students will be on hand to properly fit the helmets and present a safety presentation every half hour. Information on free and low-cost health care in Bryan-College Station and the Children’s Health Insurance Program will also be available.

Aggie Band announces drum majors

Cadets Elliot Stump, Adam Broussard and Samantha Kropp will lead the Fightin’ Texas Aggie Band during the 2008-2009 school year. Stump, a junior general studies major from B Company, will be the Combined Band Drum major. Broussard, a junior political science major from B Company, will be the Infantry Drum Major. Kropp, a junior architecture major from A Battery, will be the Artillery Drum Major.

Symposium on knowledge to occur Sat.

The Melbern G. Glasscock Center for Humanities Research at Texas A&M has announced “How Do We Keep Knowing? A Symposium on the Transmission and Preservation of Knowledge,” to be held Saturday from 9 a.m. with a keynote address by Kathleen Woodward (University of Washington) at the College Station Hilton. All events are free and open to the public. A free lunch is available. To RSVP, contact the Glasscock Center at 845-8328.