Texas Escapes Baylor

As we were finishing up our write-ups for the Aggies’ game, Baylor and Texas got started without us. Well, Baylor got started, Texas’ bus apparently arrived late. The Horns shot 22.9 percent in the first half, Durant had 5 points, and Baylor went into halftime up 18.
“We started out very well,” Baylor coach Scott Drew said. “(I was) very pleased with how we came out and the intensity we had.”
In the second half, Texas got their act together and Kevin Durant got his numbers. Durant finished with 29 points and 13 rebounds, while Baylor had four guys scoring in double figures. Baylor went without a field goal in the last 7 minutes.
“We were definitely lacking the energy or whatever you want to put on it in the first half,” Rick Barnes said. “We came out the second half and got going a little bit but then I thought when Craig (Winder) came in, the whole complexion changed and I think our players really appreciate what he does for us every day and they obviously felt what he was doing.”
Well, it hurts that the Aggies are out already, and the Bears weren’t able to pull off the upset. Maybe tomorrow will bring us a repeat of the triple overtime game we saw in Stillwater in January, and not of the Longhorn’s 29 point win in Austin three weeks ago.