Texas A&M outfielder Allie Enright (33) makes a diving catch during Texas A&M’s game against Albany at the first round of the NCAA Women’s College World Series at Davis Diamond on Friday, May 18, 2024. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
A&M opens regional with 6-2 win over UAlbany

For a moment after UAlbany softball graduate C Maddi Petrella’s first inning two-run home run sailed over the Davis Diamond scoreboard in left...

Track and Field opens season with top finishes

Texas A&M track and field pulled together an impressive outing Saturday culminating with three first-place finishes at the OU Classic at the Mosier Indoor Track Facility in Norman, Okla.
Senior Joe Peschel took the gold in the 60-meter hurdles, posting a time of 8.16 seconds. Freshman Justin Estill clocked a time of 8.35 seconds to finish in second.
The men also swept the vertical jump events as sophomore Fabrice Lapierre won the long jump with a leap of 24-8.50, and senior Ellison Collins won the triple jump with a distance of 46-3.50.
The women also impressed with freshman Ashley Robbins’ secondlace finish in the high jump and junior Jennifer Johnson’s runner-up finish in the 60-meter hurdles with a time of 8.78 seconds.
The Aggies will next be in action Friday in Houston.