A&M welcomes new journalism professors from CNN, Dallas Morning News
Ana Renfroe and Stacy Cox April 19, 2024

At a ceremony honoring Aggie journalists, Texas A&M announced it will welcome three new journalism professors in the fall. New hires will...

Texas A&M outfielder Jace Laviolette (17) hits a home run during Texas A&M’s game against The United States Air Force Academy on Tuesday, April 16, 2024 at Olsen Field. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
No. 1 Aggies combine for 28 runs in doubleheader sweep of Crimson Tide
Luke White and Justin ChenApril 19, 2024

Game 1 If the Texas A&M baseball team can treat each inning like it’s been playing in the fifth frame during the past week, it shouldn’t...

Members of the 2023-2024 Aggie Muster Committee pose outside the Jack K. Williams Administration Building. (Photo courtesy of Aggie Muster Committee)
Orchestrating a century-old tradition
Sydnei Miles, Head Life & Arts Editor • April 18, 2024

As Muster approaches, the Aggie Muster Committee works to organize a now century-old tradition. These students “coordinate every facet” of...

(Graphic by Ethan Mattson/The Battalion)
Opinion: ‘Fake Money,’ real change
Eddie Phillips, Opinion Writer • April 19, 2024

Us Aggies live privileged existences: companies beg us to take on tens of thousands in loans.  I know this may sound contradictory, but the...

Twin sentenced in flight disruption

ANCHORAGE (AP) – A woman convicted along with her twin sister of disrupting an international flight that had to be diverted to Anchorage was sentenced Thursday to two years of probation.
Crystal Mikula, 22, of Buckley, Mich., also was fined $500 by a federal judge after pleading guilty to simple assault on board a flight from San Francisco to Shanghai on April 19.
Her identical twin, Cynthia Mikula, also of Buckley, was sentenced a day earlier to five years probation and ordered to pay more than $86,000 in restitution.
The restitution represents United Airlines’ costs for the diversion.
Prosecutors said the women were headed to a modeling competition when they got drunk, argued, yelled profane language at each other and smoked in the airliner restroom.
When the flight crew tried to intervene, Cynthia Mikula struck a female flight attendant in the face and hit a male flight attendant and the captain, according to prosecutors.
Her sister jumped on the back of another flight attendant and choked him in an attempt to prevent her sister from being restrained with plastic handcuffs.
One of the plane’s 233 passengers videotaped the disturbance.
The pilot diverted the plane to Anchorage. The passengers and 22 crew members spent the night and resumed the trip a day later. United had to accommodate the passengers during the delay, compensate them for the inconvenience and pay the crew overtime.