Two arrested after series of burglaries

According to a College Station Police Department press release, two males were detained early Sunday morning after officers responded to a report of suspicious activity at an apartment complex in the 100 block of Holleman Dr. W.

According to the report, two black males were acting suspicious while carrying electronics in the apartment complex.

Upon arriving to the scene, the officers attempted to speak with two males matching the description of the report before engaging in a foot pursuit and ultimately detaining the individuals.

After further investigation, a vehicle registered to one of the detained males was found in the area and matched the description and license plate seen leaving another complex earlier that night where two other burglaries were reported.

Stolen property was located in the vehicle that matched the report of the previous burglaries.

The arrested males were 21 year old Jamikel Deandre Dancy out of Sealy, TX and 22 year old Derek Dmonte Sewell Jr. out of Columbus, TX. They were both charged with two counts of Burglary of Habitation and Evading on Foot.
Anyone with additional information regarding these events is encouraged to contact the College Station Police Department at 979-764-3600.