Two executive positions remain unfilled after special session

Photo by By Tim Lai

Hannah Wimberly discusses her candidacy for chief of staff with Student Senate.

The 68th Student Senate unanimously confirmed the position of executive vice president and other executive cabinet positions at its special session Monday.

Monday’s special session was called to reconsider nominations for the positions of EVP and operations executive vice president after Wednesday’s general meeting saw the rejection of the original nominees, Hannah Wimberly and Emma Douglas.

Levi McClenny received a unanimous vote of confirmation for the position of EVP. Wimberly, who was originally nominated for EVP, was confirmed as chief of staff, also unanimously. 

Isaiah Tsau, who finished third in the student body president election, was denied the position of diversity commissioner, with 40 votes against, 13 for and five abstained. 

In addition to the approval of EVP and chief of staff, Student Senate approved the nominations of seven other executive cabinet positions during the special session.  

No new nominee has been named for the operations executive vice president.