Two names put forward for VPSA vacancy

After a national search, the Division of Student Affairs announced two finalists for the vice president for student affairs.
The two finalists, David W. Parrott and Daniel J. Pugh, will interview this month and conduct an open forum with the public.
Four undergraduates served on the search advisory committee that sifted through the applicant pool. Student Body President Kyle Kelly, a committee member, said the opening drew wide interest and the candidates reflect the quality of the search.
Coming alongside a transition to a new university president in Michael Young, a new VPSA will be part of a “new era of leadership at A&M,” Kelly said.
Parrott, executive associate vice president and chief of staff in the Division of Student Affairs at Texas A&M, previously served as associate dean of students at A&M. Pugh serves as the vice provost for student affairs at the University of Arkansas as the senior student affairs officer.
The A&M position is occupied by Tom Reber, who has served as interim VPSA since April 2014.
Pugh’s campus visit will take place March 12-13, with the open forum from 1:30-3:30 p.m. March 13 in MSC 2300A. Parrott’s campus visit will take place March 26-27, with the open forum from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. on March 27 in MSC 2406.