Two students killed, two injured in auto accident early Sunday

Photos from Facebook

Clockwise from top left: As of Sunday evening, Rene Contreras is in fair condition, Tyra Preston is in stable condition and Corinthia Williams and Alexis Emmou were pronounced dead at the scene.

Two students were killed in a one-car auto accident around 1:10 a.m. Sunday while heading northwest on FM 244, according to KBTX. Two more Aggies were injured in the crash, with one in critical condition at the Temple Scott & White Memorial Hospital as of Sunday evening.
Kinesiology junior Corinthia “Nikki” Williams and communication senior Alexis Emmou, the driver of the car, were pronounced dead on the scene. History junior Rene Contreras, a passenger, is in critical condition at the Temple Scott & White Memorial Hospital and Tyra Preston, university studies senior, was treated at St. Joseph Regional Health Center in Bryan.
D’Juan “D.J.” Johnson, sports management junior, said Williams, who was known as “Nikki Nikki Nikki” to her friends, was supportive and protective of those close to her.
“She was a good friend,” Johnson said. “She was a real, true friend.”
Esteli Nyampundu, interdisciplinary studies senior, said she knew Williams for four years.
“Nikki was a very, very lovable person,” Nyampundu said. “Whenever she walked in a room, best believe you’re about to laugh.”
Nyampundu said Williams had a captivating personality.
“If you met Nikki one time, I promise you will never forget Nikki,” Nyampundu said. “That’s for sure.”
Ana Gonzales, psychology junior and a close friend of Emmou, said she had a heart of gold and a bright smile.
“She was so selfless and supportive of not only her friends, but any stranger she met,” Gonzalez said. “Even if she had only met someone once, the next time she saw them she made them feel like they’d known each other forever.”
Gonzalez said Emmou was one of the most dependable friends she had.
“She helped me through my toughest times even when she was going through tough times herself,” Gonzalez said. “And even when you were about ready to give up, she gave you that extra push to the light that made you think to yourself ‘I can do this, not just because of my own strength or God, but because I have a friend that will be right next to me every step of the way.’ That friend was Alexis. She is an angel that everyone will remember forever.”