No. 13 A&M upsets No. 5 Virginia in dominant fashion 4-1

U.S. should not pull out of Iraq

Citing a CNN/USA Today poll as “empirical evidence” was Frazee’s second mistake, the first being not deleting his article immediately. He mentions “protecting the taxpayer” by relieving the war cost, then lists nicey-nice things the U.S. could do with the $271 billion Iraq spending. Instead of paying for 13 million scholarships, lets just add that money to the $2,000 tax cut you mentioned. Then I’ll really feel protected as a taxpayer. The alternative humanitarian causes mentioned are just an ineffective way of solving the world’s problems. It’s throwing other people’s money at a problem and hoping it goes away without committing to anything. He also mentions a worthless poll stating one in four troops believe the U.S. should pull out of Iraq immediately. Twenty-five percent is not a resounding majority, nor should the troops dictate policy. I hate seeing fellow Americans die, but soldiers signed up to fight and should not be surprised when they are employed to that end. Pulling out of Iraq now would mean troops sacrificed for nothing, as the country is not stabile enough to be on its own. We’ll be out of Iraq someday, but now is not the time. It just takes a little backbone to realize that.
Paul Sims Class of 2006