Vice president for Student Affairs candidate to visit A&M Thursday

?
With two finalists in the running for the open vice president for Student Affairs position, candidate Daniel J. Pugh will come to campus Thursday and Friday to give his pitch for the position.
Pugh is serving as the vice provost for student affairs at the University of Arkansas.
“Pugh has a fantastic educational background that ties in very nicely with the type of work that goes on with student affairs, specifically related to student and leadership development,” said Ann Kenimer, chair of the search advisory committee for the position and associate provost for undergraduate studies.
Pugh’s two-day visit will consist of interviews, meetings and forums. He will meet with student leaders Thursday morning and will interact with the student body at a reception from 4:30-6:30 p.m. in Koldus 110.
Pugh will meet with the Division of Student Affairs Thursday, but will make a public presentation Friday on his background and why he is attracted to this position. The presentation will be at 1:30 p.m. in MSC 2300A.
“When he visits with the Division of Student Affairs, he’ll talk about his leadership style,” Kenimer said. “This will be very important if he assumes the role.”
After a nomination process, Kenimer said the search committee, com evaluated over 40 applications, eventually narrowing the list down to two finalists — Pugh and current A&M chief of staff in the Division of Student Affairs David Parrott.
Parrott will make his campus presentations March 26-27.
Once the two finalists have visited campus, the search advisory committee will provide feedback to incoming A&M president Michael Young and Interim President Mark Hussey, who will choose the sole finalist, Kenimer said. Tom Reber has served as interim VPSA since the departure of Lt. Gen. Joe Weber in 2014.