76th Speaker of the Senate Marcus Glass, left, poses with incoming 77th Speaker of the Senate Ava Blackburn.
Student leaders reflect on years of service in final Student Senate meeting
Justice Jenson, Senior News Reporter • April 18, 2024

The Student Government Association wrapped up its 76th session by giving out awards such as the Senator, Committee and Statesman of the Year...

Freshman Tiago Pires reaches to return the ball during Texas A&M’s match against Arkansas on Sunday, April 7, 2024 at Mitchell Tennis Center. (Lana Cheatham/The Battalion)
No. 14 Aggies receive early exit from SEC Tournament
Matthew Seaver, Sports Writer • April 19, 2024

The No. 14 Texas A&M men’s tennis team fell to the No. 44 LSU Tigers 4-3 in a down-to-the-wire duel on Thursday, April 18. Facing off at...

Julia Cottrill (42) celebrating a double during Texas A&Ms game against Southeastern Louisiana on Thursday, Feb. 22, 2024 at Davis Diamond. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Muffled the Mean Green
Members of the 2023-2024 Aggie Muster Committee pose outside the Jack K. Williams Administration Building. (Photo courtesy of Aggie Muster Committee)
Orchestrating a century-old tradition
Sydnei Miles, Head Life & Arts Editor • April 18, 2024

As Muster approaches, the Aggie Muster Committee works to organize a now century-old tradition. These students “coordinate every facet” of...

(Graphic by Ethan Mattson/The Battalion)
Opinion: ‘Fake Money,’ real change
Eddie Phillips, Opinion Writer • April 19, 2024

Us Aggies live privileged existences: companies beg us to take on tens of thousands in loans.  I know this may sound contradictory, but the...

Visitors send thanks to ‘good Samaritans’

On Dec. 5, at 5:30 p.m., I, along with my wife, Rose Marie J. Nagle, were passing through College Station.
I am a native Texan, and I have been doing research on the Nagle genealogy. I wanted to visit Nagle Hall, which was named in honor of my grandfather’s brother, James Nagle, who I believe was Dean of Men at Texas A&M in the early 20th Century – affectionately known as “Uncle Jimmy.”
Thanks are in order for three proud Texas Aggies who witnessed Mrs. Nagle’s fall when she broke two bones in her left arm and were extremely helpful in directing her to Beutel Health Center, where, unfortunately, she wasn’t able to receive medical treatment.
We were given directions to an off-campus emergency care center, which we were unable to find. We would like to thank the other good Samaritan whom we asked for directions at a red light.
She said, “Follow me” and took us to the front door of the emergency room at St. Joseph Hospital.
Due to Mrs. Nagle’s intense pain, we were remiss in getting names and phone numbers of those good Samaritans. If you were one of these people, please call us collect at (505) 352-2419.