The No. 3 Texas A&M baseball team took on No. 1 Tennessee Thursday at 1 p.m. at Hoover Metropolitan Stadium in Hoover, Alabama. Despite its...

Volleyball loses 3-0

The No. 2 Nebraska volleyball team swept No. 18 Texas A&M in three games Sunday, handing the Aggies its first defeat at home this season.
The loss ends the season for the Aggies (18-8, 14-6 Big 12) in a tie with Missouri for third place in the Big 12 Conference. Seven-time Big 12 champion Nebraska finishes the season at 27-1 overall as well as going undefeated in the Big 12 for the fourth time.
The Aggies were without the help of All-American senior middle blocker/outside hitter Melissa Munsch due to an ankle injury; however A&M coach Laurie Corbelli said the team didn’t play to its ability and lacked strength of execution.
Nebraska freshman Sarah Pavan led the Cornhuskers with a .529 hitting percentage and 20 kills. Junior middle blocker/outside hitter Laura Jones and sophomore middle blocker Christi Hahn stood out for the Aggies in kills with 14 and 10. Junior libero Holly Clay and junior setter Kari Kelley led the defense with 11 and 10 digs.