Sophomore LHP Ryan Prager (18) celebrates getting the last strikeout during A&Ms games against Vanderbilt on Friday, April 11, 2024, at Olsen Field. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
Ring Day run rule
Ring Day run rule
Dr. Weston Porter (top left) and researchers from the breast cancer lab. (Photo courtesy of Dr. Weston Porter)
New A&M research initiative provides cutting-edge cancer treatments
J.M. Wise, News Reporter • April 8, 2024

It has been 20 months since Michelle Pozzi, Ph.D, of Texas A&M’s Biochemistry and Biophysics department was diagnosed with cancer. However,...

Ring Day run rule
Neil Jhurani, Sports Writer • April 12, 2024

It was Ring Day in Aggieland when No. 3 Texas A&M faced off against No. 6 Vanderbilt on Friday night in the first game of a three-game set. The...

Students, residents commemorates Eid Al-Fitr
Lasan Ukwatta Liyanage, Life & Arts Writer • April 11, 2024

This year's Eid Al-Fitr celebration, hosted by Texas A&M’s Muslim Student Association, or MSA, drew over 1,500 attendees on Wednesday,...

Student housing located right outside off campus boundaries on George Bush Drive. 
Guest Commentary: An open letter to City Hall
Ben Crockett, Guest Contributor • April 11, 2024

City Council, As representatives of the Texas Aggie Classes of 2024, 2025, 2026 and 2027, we write to you today to urge a reconsideration...

Walker unveils book in Cuba

HAVANA (AP) – Pulitzer Prize-winning author Alice Walker debuted the Spanish translation of her novel ”Meridian” in Havana, telling her Cuban fans there is a direct correlation between the U.S. civil rights movement and the socialist revolution that brought Fidel Castro to power.
”I thought about Cuba a lot when I was writing this,” Walker told a packed audience Sunday at an international book fair. ”It has meant very much to me that Cubans have understood what I’m doing. Sometimes in my own country, I am very severely criticized by people who don’t bother to read me at all.”
”Meridian,” first published in English in 1976, explores the private internal and interpersonal struggles of a young protagonist by the same name who is involved in the civil rights movement in the United States.
”I feel that Meridian understands a very important basic thing, which is that it is very important to choose the people who make up the majority of the planet, to stand with the poor and to stand with people who are struggling, because in the end we will win,” said Walker, 60.
Walker, a Georgia native, won the Pulitzer Prize for her 1982 novel ”The Color Purple.”