Sophomore LHP Ryan Prager (18) celebrates getting the last strikeout during A&Ms games against Vanderbilt on Friday, April 11, 2024, at Olsen Field. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
Ring Day run rule
Ring Day run rule
Dr. Weston Porter (top left) and researchers from the breast cancer lab. (Photo courtesy of Dr. Weston Porter)
New A&M research initiative provides cutting-edge cancer treatments
J.M. Wise, News Reporter • April 8, 2024

It has been 20 months since Michelle Pozzi, Ph.D, of Texas A&M’s Biochemistry and Biophysics department was diagnosed with cancer. However,...

Ring Day run rule
Neil Jhurani, Sports Writer • April 12, 2024

It was Ring Day in Aggieland when No. 3 Texas A&M faced off against No. 6 Vanderbilt on Friday night in the first game of a three-game set. The...

Students, residents commemorates Eid Al-Fitr
Lasan Ukwatta Liyanage, Life & Arts Writer • April 11, 2024

This year's Eid Al-Fitr celebration, hosted by Texas A&M’s Muslim Student Association, or MSA, drew over 1,500 attendees on Wednesday,...

Student housing located right outside off campus boundaries on George Bush Drive. 
Guest Commentary: An open letter to City Hall
Ben Crockett, Guest Contributor • April 11, 2024

City Council, As representatives of the Texas Aggie Classes of 2024, 2025, 2026 and 2027, we write to you today to urge a reconsideration...

Watkins cannot compete at the collegiate level

Being born in Indiana, I was raised watching basketball with the same passion Aggies show to football. While here at A&M, I saw Reed Arena completed and hoped the new focus on basketball would bring the quality I was used to seeing. A conference basketball game at Duke, Kentucky or Indiana has the same energy as Kyle Field does during football because of the quality of their teams.
Coach Watkins has shown he is not able to coach at that level. I have seen Indiana high school teams with better fundamental skills make smarter game-time decisions than our men’s team often does.
If our players don’t come to A&M with this understanding of the game, then it’s up to our coaches to instill these qualities in them. It’s a shame our athletes, who play so hard, are not being coached in ways that would give them chances to win in conference.
It’s not only about winning. Coach Blair has done more for the women’s program in a few months than Coach Watkins has done with the men’s team in his whole tenure. The wins will come for Coach Blair, but not for the men until we get a new coach.