Whataburger condiments to hit H-E-B shelves

Whataburger CEO Preston Atkinson announced Tuesday that the restaurant will bottle its Fancy Ketchup, Spicy Ketchup and Original Mustard. A Whataburger press release announced that the condiments will be available at all Texas and Mexico H-E-B stores this summer.
“With so much customer demand to get their hands on our special ketchup and mustard in larger quantities, it was only logical to bottle them up and make them available first through such a well-respected retailer like ?H-E-B,” said Atkinson.
Zack Koenig, senior telecommunication media studies major, said he would buy the products as soon as they are available.
“I’m a fan of their spicy ketchup,” Koenig said. “I try to get extra every time I go, more than I need for that meal – basically collecting them until they go out of season.”
Koenig said, however, Whataburger condiments’ presence in stores would not necessarily move him to exclusively buy the chain’s ketchup.
“It depends on whether or not it’s the exact same product we get in the single serving cups from Whataburger,” Koenig said. “If it’s the same exact taste, I’m sure I’d buy it consistently. But I’d also probably get regular Heinz ketchup.”