Wiley speaker names released

Former Ambassador L. Paul Bremer, General Peter Pace and Lee Hamilton will be the featured speakers for the Memorial Student Center Wiley Lecture Series’ program celebrating the organization’s 25th anniversary. The event, “Iraq: The Road Ahead,” will focus on the future of Iraq amid the American death toll reaching 4,000, with presidential elections quickly approaching.
The speakers have involvement with the ongoing situation in Iraq, and will bring knowledge and experience to the discussion, said Lee Gunter, chairman of the student-run organization.
Ambassador L. Paul Bremer served as the Presidential Envoy to Iraq in 2003 and 2004 and led the Coalition Provisional Authority program to start rebuilding Iraq when he served as the Coalition’s Administrator from May 2003 to June 2004. General Peter Pace served as the military advisor for President George W. Bush and his administration as the 16th Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff from 2005 to 2007. Lee Hamilton served as the co-chairman of the Iraq Study Group as well as the chairman and ranking member of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs in the House of Representatives.
Author and veteran journalist Bernard Kalb will moderate the program.
The event will be April 18. Tickets are now available for purchase at the MSC Box office; $15 for students and $20 for non-students.