Women’s basketball takes on Oklahoma St.

The first loss in A&M’s current eight-game losing streak was to the unranked Oklahoma State Cowgirls on Jan. 7 in Stillwater, Okla. It came down to a last-second shot. The Aggies will get another chance to play the Cowgirls (8-11, 3-5) tonight in Reed Arena at 7.
The Aggies have lost six games in a row to ranked opponents after losing to Oklahoma State and were unable to produce a victory last weekend at home versus Iowa State.
Oklahoma State has since gone on to win two Big 12 games, including a victory to then-No. 3 ranked Texas Tech. Blair said his team has worked on coming together since last Saturday’s defeat.
“We should have been working more on Oklahoma State this last few days,” Blair said. “We spent that time working on Texas A&M, improving things we do not do well.”
After last week’s loss senior point guard Toccara Williams said getting the initial win is important but can be given too much thought.
“We just have to quit visualizing it all the time,” Williams said.
Blair altered his line up last week to start sophomore forward Tamea Scales in place of senior post Lynn Classen.
After the game he said Scales will continue to start but he regretted not putting Classen in earlier.
He said he is not sure of the line up for tomorrow’s game or whether A&Mwill stick with a full press that resulted in only nine turnovers against OSU.
“Those are game-day decisions,” Blair said.
Williams is within nine steals of setting the Big 12 record of 418 career steals.
“Sometimes I would rather her get zero steals and just have her play great help defense,” Blair said. “Most guards do great jobs of reading the floor on offense. She does a great job of reading the floor on defense too.”
Blair said he is impressed by Aggie’s devotion to both men’s and women’s teams despite having yet to see a Big 12 victory this season.
“Sometimes you have to remain positive knowing that this was a building year,” Blair said. “We are building confidence building a fan base. Rebuilding, I just don’t like the term.”