Dr. Weston Porter (top left) and researchers from the breast cancer lab. (Photo courtesy of Dr. Weston Porter)
New A&M research initiative provides cutting-edge cancer treatments
J.M. Wise, News Reporter • April 8, 2024

It has been 20 months since Michelle Pozzi, Ph.D, of Texas A&M’s Biochemistry and Biophysics department was diagnosed with cancer. However,...

Light Middleweight boxers Francis Cristal and Frank Chiu throw crosses during Farmers Fight Night on Thursday, April 4th, 2024, at Reed Arena.
‘One day there’s going to be a ring in the middle of Kyle Field’
Zoe May, Editor in Chief • April 11, 2024

“Throw the 1, follow with the 2!” “Keep your hands up!” “Tie him up!” It was the sixth fight of the night. The crowd was either...

Students, residents commemorates Eid Al-Fitr
Lasan Ukwatta Liyanage, Life & Arts Writer • April 11, 2024

This year's Eid Al-Fitr celebration, hosted by Texas A&M’s Muslim Student Association, or MSA, drew over 1,500 attendees on Wednesday,...

Student housing located right outside off campus boundaries on George Bush Drive. 
Guest Commentary: An open letter to City Hall
Ben Crockett, Guest Contributor • April 11, 2024

City Council, As representatives of the Texas Aggie Classes of 2024, 2025, 2026 and 2027, we write to you today to urge a reconsideration...

Yell leaders address

The Battalion says we have ignored the most important rule of leadership: being accountable to those we serve.
Leadership does include accountability. But, leadership is also about integrity…and service. And, most importantly, it’s about learning from your mistakes.
One of us has received a “warning;” the other, a “letter of reprimand.” Neither charge was serious enough to in any way compromise our current yell leader positions or prevent us from running for re-election. Our failure to report that we knew hazing had occurred was clearly wrong, and in hindsight, we are glad this matter was brought to light. Because, through it, as leaders, we have learned valuable lessons…lessons that will enhance our leadership skills for the future. We have learned that people should never be placed in situations that might compromise their beliefs or ethics. We have learned that integrity is not misplaced loyalty. And, finally, we have learned that being an Aggie and doing what is right is not always easy.
The comment made by The Battalion about refusing to address the allegations of hazing is completely unfounded. John Magruder, Paul Terrell and the two of us have been asked by Student Life not to discuss any details of the alleged incidents until they are completely resolved for everyone who might be affected. In regards to the issues concerning Parson’s Mounted Cavalry, neither John, Paul, nor Jonathan have been formally accused of any individual accounts of hazing.
Understanding the importance of this position, having served as junior yell leaders for the past year, we would not nor would we ever support anyone who would knowingly jeopardize the position of yell leader. We feel supremely confident in the morals and integrity of those chosen to run with us.
Tim Bailey and Jonathan Lusk
junior yell leaders
Class of 2004