Destination Bryan
Destination Bryan

Editor's note: This article is sponsored content. For the history buffs, there’s a story to why Bryan and College Station are so closely...

Destination Bryan
Destination Bryan

Ring serves as reminder of what it means to be an Aggie

Receiving my Aggie Ring means a lot to me.

I remember sitting down freshman year on a bus and seeing someone put his hand on his books directly in front of me wearing the Aggie Ring. It was the first time I had seen one in person. I remember staring at it in awe — it was so shiny and just showed the work the person had put in to earn it and wear it. Seeing the 1876 inscription on it gave me chills because I realized I was at a place so rich in history and tradition. I thought to myself, ‘Man I still have 75 more hours to go’ which sounded like an eternity.

Yet here I am, about to receive my ring.

For me, the ring stands for hard work and a tough journey in school, but most of all it represents this university and all the friendly and great people that make it function. When I look at the ring, I’m going to think of all the times I said “Howdy” to someone or was told “Howdy” by a complete stranger. Or attending events when everyone gathered together to sing the War Hymn not knowing the person next to them.

Just about every time that I walk through campus I see people doing something nice for one another regardless of who it is, and it makes me feel incredibly privileged and proud to say that I attend this wonderful institution.

I reminisce about the helpful professors who took me under their wing or study sessions with friends at the library when I see the A&M logo. Even buying food at the MSC and hearing the cashier genuinely tell me with a smile to have a great day.

When I put my Aggie Ring on today for the first time and read “Texas A&M” engraved on it, I’m going to smile and proudly represent Texas A&M for the rest of my life and continue its tradition of being a friendly, “feels like home” university.