Junior P Emily Kennedy (11) pitches the ball during the Aggie softball teams Maroon & White game on Friday, Oct. 27, 2023 at Davis Diamond (Katelynn Ivy/The Battalion).
A&M advances to Super Regionals with run-rule victory over Texas State

When Texas State softball senior RHP Jessica Mullins and Texas A&M junior LHP Emiley Kennedy each started Sunday’s Bryan-College Station...

2019 spring game rescheduled

Photo by Cassie Stricker

Texas A&M head football coach Jimbo Fisher is heading into his second season with the Aggies.

The Maroon and White Spring Game, originally scheduled for Saturday at 1 p.m., will now take place on Friday at 7:30 p.m. due to possibility of heavy rain and lightning on Saturday.
Texas A&M Director of Athletics Scott Woodward said although the schedule change will cause problems with ticket holders and those attending Family Weekend and Ring Day, it is important that the event still takes place for the players and fans of Aggie football.
“We understand that moving an event of this magnitude affects countless individuals and has many logistical challenges,” Woodward said in a statement. “However, getting the game played is important to our fans and our football program. With Saturday’s weather forecast, we believe it is in the best interest of our fans’ experience and the safety of our student athletes to move the game to Friday.”
In order to solve ticket problems, the game is now free to the public, and those who previously bought tickets will be refunded and will be contacted by 12th Man Foundation for more information.
The Aggies will participate in the 2019 spring game on Friday at 7:30 p.m. at Kyle Field, showcasing new transfers, freshman and some A&M favorites before the fall season begins on August 29 against Texas State.