A look ahead: Three games to watch for

FOOTBALL: The Aggies kick off the 2015 season at NRG Stadium in Houston against the Arizona State Sun Devils at 6 p.m. Saturday. In what promises to be an exciting matchup of two quality teams, sophomore quarterback Kyle Allen will lead the Aggies with a year of experience against an Arizona State team picked by some experts to win the PAC-12 and well-renowned ESPN analyst Kirk Herbstreit to hold one of the four spots in the college football playoff. ASU starting quarterback Mike Bercovici will be facing a much more experienced A&M defense led by sophomore pass-rushing specialist Myles Garrett and an assortment of talented defenders in the linebacking corps and secondary.

VOLLEYBALL: The A&M volleyball team will open its home schedule this weekend as they host Wichita State and Abilene Christian on Saturday and New Mexico State on Sunday in the Texas A&M Invitational. The Aggies began the season in Palo Alto with a 0-3 loss against No. 2 Stanford and a 3-2 victory against Minnesota, their first win of the young season. Look for sophomore Kiara McGee to continue her hot play from the Minnesota contest along with middle blockers Jazzmin Babers and Shelby Sullivan. 

SOCCER: The No. 4 Texas A&M soccer team will put its undefeated record on the line as they face their toughest matchup yet at 6 p.m. Friday against No. 1 Florida State in Tallahassee. This could be a great opportunity for the Aggies to put some distance between them and Florida State with a win on Friday. This top-five matchup should be meaningful with both teams trying to prove their ranking during the young season. The Aggies will have a quick turnaround to play Abilene Christian at Ellis Field Sunday.