Items from Lt. Col. David Michael Booth, Class of 1964, on display at the Muster Reflections Display in the Memorial Student Center on Wednesday, April 17, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
Muster Reflections Display held ahead of ceremony
Hilani Quinones, Assistant News Editor • April 18, 2024

Until April 21, visitors can view personal memorabilia from fallen Aggies who will be honored at the 2024 Muster Ceremony. The Aggie Muster...

Julia Cottrill (42) celebrating a double during Texas A&Ms game against Southeastern Louisiana on Thursday, Feb. 22, 2024 at Davis Diamond. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Muffled the Mean Green
Shanielle Veazie, Sports Writer • April 17, 2024

Early pitching woes gave Texas A&M softball all the momentum needed to defeat the University of North Texas, 11-1, in a matchup on Wednesday,...

The Highway 6 Band performs while listeners slow dance at The Corner Bar and Rooftop Grill on Sunday, March 24, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
'Life is a Highway' (6 Band)
Amy Leigh Steward, Assistant Life & Arts Editor • April 17, 2024

It starts with a guitar riff. Justin Faldyn plays lead, pulling rock and blues out of the strings.  After a beat, comes the beat of the drums,...

Think your music taste somehow makes you different? Opinion writer Isabella Garcia says being unique is an illusion. (Photo by Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
Opinion: The myth of uniqueness
Isabella Garcia, Opinion Writer • April 16, 2024

You’re basic. It’s thought that the term “basic bitch” originated from a 2009 video of Lil Duval standing on a toilet in front of...

A regular season finale letdown

Photo by Adriano Espinosa
Texas A&M rider Kate Egan leaps during Texas A&M’s match against South Carolina on Saturday, Feb. 10, 2024, at Hildebrand Equestrian Center. (Adriano Espinosa/The Battalion)

No. 2 Texas A&M equestrian dropped its regular season finale with a 13-5 loss to No. 6 Auburn at the Auburn University Equestrian Center on Saturday, March 9.

Despite a tightly contested first half of the meet, the Tigers’ dominance in the Horsemanship and Fences events led to the Tigers winning 8 of the last 9 points and was enough to seal the victory for Auburn.

Auburn junior Mary-Grace Segars was the star of the show, capturing two points for the Tigers. Segars had the best score of the day with an impressive 91 on Fences to beat the 87.5 from A&M freshman Ali Treuting.

Segars also had the best score from anyone in the Flat event with an 89 to win a point over senior Devan Thomas’ 79 score.

Early on, the Aggies quieted a fiery crowd with junior Brooke Brombach scoring 76.5 and senior Maggie Nealon scoring a huge 86.5 to earn A&M 2 points in the Flat event. Auburn managed to stay a step ahead though, winning 3 points from the same event.

After the Flat and Reining events, A&M hung around and was only down by 1 with a score of 5-4. It was during the Horsemanship event when Auburn truly took over and cemented its victory.

Four straight wins by sophomore Alexia Tordoff, freshman Sydney Swallom, senior Madison Parduhn and freshman Alexis Potts gave the Tigers a commanding lead over the Maroon and White. Aggie graduate Cori Cansdale’s 68.25 score was equalled by sophomore Caroline Fredenburg to prevent a point and clinch victory for the Tigers.

Auburn thrived in the Fences event down the stretch. Tiger freshman Avery Glynn, senior Ellie Ferrigno, graduate Ava Stearns and the aforementioned Segars win earned Auburn 4 points in the second half of the meet.

The Aggies will return to action for the SEC Championships March 29-30 at home in College Station.