A&M duo wraps up Aggies’ year at NCAAs

Photo by Provided by Texas A&M Athletics

The Texas A&M men’s swimming and diving team ended its 2014-15 season with a 38th-place finish at the NCAA Championships on Saturday at the University of Iowa.

The Texas A&M men’s swimming and diving team concluded its season with a 38th place finish at the NCAA Championships Saturday.

Junior swimmer Cory Bolleter and freshman diver Tyler Henschel represented the squad.

Bolleter, from San Antonio, tied for No. 12 overall in the 50-yard freestyle. He swam the race in 19.44 seconds, which enabled him to tie for fourth place in the consolation final. 

Bolleter was able to qualify for the final after swimming the 50-yard preliminary in 19.39 seconds and finishing in a 3-way tie for No. 16. He then entered a swim-off and was victorious.

Bolleter also placed No. 33 in the 100-yard freestyle and achieved a personal best time of 43.32 seconds.

Canadian Aggie diver Tyler Henschel placed No. 33 overall in the preliminaries and had a score of 313.45. In the platform dive Henschel received a score of 357.65 and placed No. 19 overall.

The Aggies will head into next season on a bright note with Bolleter and Henschel expected to return. A&M will continue to benefit from the experience of Bolleter, who was a team captain this season, and the rising star Henschel.