A&M welcomes new journalism professors from CNN, Dallas Morning News
Ana Renfroe and Stacy Cox April 19, 2024

At a ceremony honoring Aggie journalists, Texas A&M announced it will welcome three new journalism professors in the fall. New hires will...

Texas A&M outfielder Jace Laviolette (17) hits a home run during Texas A&M’s game against The United States Air Force Academy on Tuesday, April 16, 2024 at Olsen Field. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
No. 1 Aggies combine for 28 runs in doubleheader sweep of Crimson Tide
Luke White and Justin ChenApril 19, 2024

Game 1 If the Texas A&M baseball team can treat each inning like it’s been playing in the fifth frame during the past week, it shouldn’t...

Members of the 2023-2024 Aggie Muster Committee pose outside the Jack K. Williams Administration Building. (Photo courtesy of Aggie Muster Committee)
Orchestrating a century-old tradition
Sydnei Miles, Head Life & Arts Editor • April 18, 2024

As Muster approaches, the Aggie Muster Committee works to organize a now century-old tradition. These students “coordinate every facet” of...

(Graphic by Ethan Mattson/The Battalion)
Opinion: ‘Fake Money,’ real change
Eddie Phillips, Opinion Writer • April 19, 2024

Us Aggies live privileged existences: companies beg us to take on tens of thousands in loans.  I know this may sound contradictory, but the...

Aggie club baseball looks to continue streak against SFA

The Texas A&M club baseball team huddles up during its matchup against VIBL on Saturday, Sept. 9, in Schulenburg. (Photo courtesy of A&M Club Baseball)

Texas A&M club baseball looks to continue its winning streak March 2-3 when it plays Stephen F. Austin at Edible Field in Bryan at 5:30 p.m., 7:30 p.m. on Friday and Sunday at 3 p.m.

After sweeping Texas Tech in a three-game home series Feb. 24-25, the team is working to build momentum for a run for the College Club World Series after placing second in Regionals last season. Civil engineering senior Aaron Dickerson said his strategy against SFA is more of a defensive one.

“SFA is fairly good,” Dickerson said. “They can hit decently. We need to force them to make errors.”

There were some lessons learned during the Texas Tech doubleheader on Feb. 25, Dickerson said, and he wants the team to carry those into the next home series.

“We want to keep dominating the mound and keep the bats hot,” Dickerson said.

A&M first played SFA in 2021 when it joined the conference and have won every matchup since.

Dickerson said he wants to continue improving the team’s 3-1 record despite limited practice opportunities.

“I want to get better at leaving runners on the base paths for those key moments, like when we have two outs,” he said. “If I were batting then, I wouldn’t want anyone on base.”

Dickerson also said he hopes word will grow about the team and that more students will show up to the games.

“We do our best to advertise the games, but since we’re a club team, not a lot of people know about it,” he said. “We don’t get a lot of students on away games, and it would be cool to get more.”

For updates on game times and locations, including this week’s series, follow the team on Instagram or visit TAMUClubBaseball.org.

Richard Hicks is a communication senior and contributed this article from the course JOUR 359, Reporting Sports, to The Battalion.

View Comments (1)