Aggie equestrian heads to Fresno State for meet after heartbreaker

Equestrian
File
Equestrian

The Aggie equestrian team suffered a heart-pounding 10-9 defeat to top-ranked Georgia last month and has two games in front of them to get back on track.

Texas A&M (0-1) will take on the Fresno State Bulldogs (2-3) this Friday and the New Mexico State Aggies (2-2) this Saturday.

Fresno State, despite having a losing record, has been able to edge out Delaware State in Dover, Del., and also managed to capture another road win against UT Martin at the Willis Invitational in Waco, Texas. They also competed against Georgia, Baylor and even New Mexico State and lost all three meets.

With Fresno State hosting the meet this weekend against both Texas A&M and New Mexico State in its home-opener, the Bulldogs plan on avenging their loss to New Mexico State two weeks ago in Waco. Although New Mexico State is even at a 2-2 record, it still can pose a threat to Fresno State and Texas A&M.

New Mexico State has shown some resilience despite losses to both Baylor and TCU earlier this season. Along with upsetting Fresno State, the New Mexico State also notched off a season-opening win against SMU.

Based on her performance, SEC Horsemanship Rider of the Month honors will go to A&M’s Logan Pluhar. At her meet against Georgia, she defeated her opponent by 3.5 points. She went on to help the Aggies win the western discipline in the meet to help her gain MVP honors with the meet-best score of 77, clinching her first MVP honors since the 2013-14 season.

Not only did Pluhar manage to earn the SEC honor, but she was even awarded the Horsemanship Rider of the Month by the NCEA.To bring more excitement to A&M, Ashley Dotson was given NCEA honors as well for Reigning.
The meet will be held this weekend among the three teams in Fresno, Calif.